Credit Note

dede_aja_tuhdede_aja_tuh Member Posts: 39
Hi All,

Please help me about this question :
Example I have 1 invoice (account payable) let says 1.000.000. If i want to direct reduce the invoice 50.000 because i get discount from vendor, so i can reduce it with menu Payment Journal (in financial management modul) and i choose :

Document Type : Credit Memo
Account type : Vendor
Account No : choose vendor
Bal Account Type : G/L Account
Applies-to Doc. Type : Invoice
Applies-to Doc. No : choose the invoice which amount 1.000.000
Amount : automatically shown 1.000.000, edit the amount which i want to reduce is 5.000

So, when i posting the transaction, it successfull, and when i go back to see the invoice amount in vendor card, the invoice amount shown : 950.000 (from 1.000.000 - 5.000). Example Data above is correct.

One my question is, how to do in NAV if i want increase the invoice amount (AP)? depend on above example, let says 1 invoice AP amount : 1.000.000 wanna increase 70.000 became 1.700.000 in 1 invoice same?

For ur information, i have to try to do this with above step, but i input negative simbol in field Amount. Of course, my goal is wanna to increase the amount, but everytime i try this, NAV show me this message : (look attachment)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Hi All,

One my question is, how to do in NAV if i want increase the invoice amount (AP)? depend on above example, let says 1 invoice AP amount : 1.000.000 wanna increase 70.000 became 1.700.000 in 1 invoice same?

If you want to increase the amount the you have to book the new invoice with document type - Invoice , then System will create another Entry in Vendor Ledger entry table .

It is not possible what you are expecting.
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Thats why people need to use Navision :mrgreen: ...It is restricting shortcuts like this.
    Right way is to post another invoice.
  • dede_aja_tuhdede_aja_tuh Member Posts: 39
    :lol::lol: hm... must create another invoice..OK. i understand at all, thanks for advice guys.