document approval process

dinuasdinudinuasdinu Member Posts: 4
HI Guys,

i have a scenerio at one of my customers office on docuement approval procss in navision 2009.

here there are group of people who creates both Sales Order and Purchase Orders. but the person who approves the sales Order is different from the person who approves the POs.

Eg. User 'A' is the creator of the PO & SO. Approval request for PO should go to 'X'. and Approval request for SO should go to 'Y'.

how do we set this up. :?:

can somebody help me out..

regards,

dinesh

Comments

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    In Approval Templates, there are two kind of approval.
    One is for Sales Order, and the other one is for Purch. Order.
    Have a time to look at it.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    dinuasdinu wrote:
    User 'A' is the creator of the PO & SO. Approval request for PO should go to 'X'. and Approval request for SO should go to 'Y'.

Have you tried the Additional Approver functionality ?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    dinuasdinu wrote:
    User 'A' is the creator of the PO & SO. Approval request for PO should go to 'X'. and Approval request for SO should go to 'Y'.

Have you tried the Additional Approver functionality ?

How Additional Approver comes in picture :-k
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    dinesh wrote:
    ssingla wrote:

Addtional Approver functionality only satisfies his requirement.
    dinesh wrote:
    ssingla wrote:

Addtional Approver functionality only satisfies his requirement.

What are you talking? [-X Multiple Approval template will solve the issue. Additional approver is simultaneously or sequentially approving documents of same nature. Here the requirement is to send PO request to 1 person and SO request to other.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    What are you talking? Multiple Approval template will solve the issue. Additional approver is simultaneously or sequentially approving documents of same nature. Here the requirement is to send PO request to 1 person and SO request to other.

Are u sure ? :shock:

Read the post carefully Before you give the caution [-X

User clearly tells Document creator is same and Approvers are different .

U1 Creates the PO - PO Approver - U2

U1 Creates the SO - SO Approver - U3
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Both are correct and both incomplete

here there are group of people who creates both Sales Order and Purchase Orders. but the person who approves the sales Order is different from the person who approves the POs.

Eg. User 'A' is the creator of the PO & SO. Approval request for PO should go to 'X'. and Approval request for SO should go to 'Y'.

Different approvers for different type of documents should be controlled by the usersetup limits that refer to PO amounts and SO amount, if you have no financial hierachy then you could use additional approvers if its the same person who approves all SO's and the same person who approves all PO's
    I think that the Approval Templates for Sales Order and Purch. Order are different, aren't they? :-k
    Regards,
    Andwian
    ssingla wrote:
    What are you talking? Multiple Approval template will solve the issue. Additional approver is simultaneously or sequentially approving documents of same nature. Here the requirement is to send PO request to 1 person and SO request to other.

Are u sure ? :shock:

Read the post carefully Before you give the caution [-X

User clearly tells Document creator is same and Approvers are different .

U1 Creates the PO - PO Approver - U2

U1 Creates the SO - SO Approver - U3

I am sure what I am saying and it is you who needs to learn the system before you come and advice. So instead of getting shocked and throwing your crap here go and learn.
    dinuasdinu wrote:
    HI Guys,

i have a scenerio at one of my customers office on docuement approval procss in navision 2009.

can somebody help me out..

regards,

dinesh

You should define PO & SO Approvers as SalesPerson/Purchaser and then use the template having "Approval Type" as "Sales Pers./Purchaser".
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Andwian wrote:
    I think that the Approval Templates for Sales Order and Purch. Order are different, aren't they? :-k

Yes, they are and that is what I am suggesting.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    Yes, they are and that is what I am suggesting.
    Great! I agree with you then :wink:
    Regards,
    Andwian