Security Filter for Field in Transfer Header

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
Dear all,

I have set security filter for tabledata "Transfer Header" : "Transfer Header: In-Transit Code=XXXXX" for user A. Then I open Transfer Order with user A. When I lookup In-Transit Code, it shows all (not just XXXXX). Why is this happen? And when I create new Transfer Order, the error "You don't have permission to insert Transfer Header table." is appeared. Why is this happen? How to solve this case?
Thanks before :)
Best regards,

Johanna

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is common problem of the security filters and why I do not recommend to use them. Regarding the permission problem:

When you create new header, there is no In-transit location filled in yet, and if you set permissions only to insert header with some specific in-transit location,you cannot create the header because that.

The security filter is not filtering the lookup on the field, you need to filter it in different way if you need it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    johanna wrote:
    I have set security filter for tabledata "Transfer Header" : "Transfer Header: In-Transit Code=XXXXX" for user A. When I create new Transfer Order, the error "You don't have permission to insert Transfer Header table." is appeared. Why is this happen?
    When the transfer order is created the field In-Transit Code is empty. To make it work you have to add the empty value to your security filter also (In-Transit Code=XXXXX or '').
    johanna wrote:
    When I lookup In-Transit Code, it shows all (not just XXXXX). Why is this happen?
    You have placed a filter on the field In-Transit Code of the table Transfer Header. The lookup opens the list of locations from table 14 "Location" therefore this list is not filtered. If it needs to be filtered you will have to add a security filter to the table Location, FIeld Code also.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    @Kine & Frank : thank you ^^

As Kine and Frank said :
    - Case : When I create new Transfer Order, the error "You don't have permission to insert Transfer Header table." is appeared
    - Caused by : There is no In-transit location filled in yet and user A just can see In-Transit Code = XXXXX
    - Solution : Add security filter for tabledata Transfer Header: In-Transit Code=XXXXX|''

- Case : When I lookup In-Transit Code, it shows all (not just XXXXX)
    - Caused by : The security filter is not filtering the lookup on the field. The lookup opens the list of locations from table 14 "Location" therefore this list is not filtered.
    - Solution : If it needs to be filtered you will have to add a security filter to the table Location, FIeld Code also.

Then, this topic is solved! Thanks to Kine and Frank again! :)
    Best regards,

Johanna