Options

How to use temporary Table with Web service ?

dipakpatel2505dipakpatel2505 Member Posts: 169
edited 2011-01-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hello Everyone,

We have created contact card on Web and now we want to make interation wizard(as given in NAV) for Sales Person to log interation with Contact from Web like NAV.

I am having following query:
I want to create Contact Card->Interaction wizard as per given in Navision.For creating Contact Interaction,NAVISION has used Segment Line Table as Temporary and intermediate table.
Anyone have idea about How can we use temporary table with Web services ? or Is there any other way to achieve Interaction Wizard functionality(like NAV)on WEB ?

Any suggestion will be appriciated.

With best Regards,
Dipak patel

Comments

• Options
    abhishekpareekabhishekpareek Member Posts: 150
    Hello,

Please use the classes to deal with this kind of situation. Make class which will have exactly the same structure as that tables in navision ad than use it for interim calculations.

Regards,
    Abhishek Pareek
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The webservice is state-less. You cannot use separate calls with state saved between the calls, if you will not use real tables. You cannot pass value between different WS calls without saving the values into some table and getting them from here in next call. But you need to know which to take for which call (some correlation ID).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.