Master Production Schedule changes

navdemonnavdemon Member Posts: 16
Hi ,

I have a question regarding the master production schedule. The client I am working with does not use forecasts. The Master production schedule is run purely based on sales orders that are entered into the system.

After running the master production schedule the MPS suggested plan is as shown below

Order # Order Run/Planned Dates
1 17 - 19
2 19 -21
3 21 -23
4 . 23 -25

Once the action messages are carried out (i.e firm planned orders are created) and the firm planned orders have been converted into released production orders are created for the above mentioned dates.

But, If for some reason while executing order 1 from the 17th to the 19th, the plant experiences a downtime and cannot complete the order by the 19th and can only complete it now by the 21st which is overlapping with the production dates for order # 2 (19th -21st). Is there a way by which The released production order for order 1 can be updated to reflect the new completion date(in this case 21st) and the other subsequent orders can automatically be staggered to reflect this downtime that was experienced. If such a functionality doesnt exist what is the workaround for this??

Please advise

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    U can run action messages from the planning worksheet, and system would suggest the postponement of orders if there should be done any. This would give result if order tracking policy have been setup on Item card, if not has been set up so then you can use net change plan.
    Kapil Khanna