To generate GL Entry while doing Purchase receipt

hksharmaahksharmaa Member Posts: 55
Hi All...

My Client had an requirement....He wants that while making a Purchase Receipt from a Purchase order the system should generate a automatic G/L Entry..The Two G/L Account have been defined in Purchase setup....DEbiting One G/L and Crediting Other with amount (Qty. To Receive * Direct Unit Cost) of the Purchase Order.....

Also..when i Book Purchase Invoice of that Purchase Receipt it should also pass an Reverse Entry that was made while booking the Purchase Receipt of the Same amount....Please give some suggetsions...

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    edited 2010-12-29
    I think that you are looking for the Expected inventory cost should post interim G/L accounts when you receive the material.

To achieve the expected results you have to place the checkmark in the Expected Cost posting field in the Inventory Setup. When you book the invoice system will reverse those entries.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Never create a G/L Entry on your own!
    Let the posting routines create the G/L entries.

Depending on you needs you could insert a line into the order before posting it, or create journal lines and post them.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I think that you are looking for the Expected inventory cost should post interim G/L accounts when you receive the material.

To achieve the expected results you have to place the checkmark in the Expected Cost posting field in the Inventory Setup. When you book the invoice system will reverse those entries.

The question has been answered. You need to take the advise of a functional consultant if working for a partner else contact your partner for training and setup.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    hksharmaa wrote:
    DEbiting One G/L and Crediting Other with amount (Qty. To Receive * Direct Unit Cost) of the Purchase Order.....
    Debit: Inventory Account (Interim)
    Credit: Invt. Accrual Acc. (Interim)
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • hksharmaahksharmaa Member Posts: 55
    This is sort of Expected Cost Posting...But my Partner do not want to use the base functionality..
    So i have to do this....How can i automatically create G/L Journal Lines if i don't want to direct insert into G/L Entry Table with the Purchase Receipt??

Is it possible to create extra Gen. Journal Lines while posting an Journal Entry??IF Yes then could anyone tell how??

Thanks in advance....
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    hksharmaa wrote:
    This is sort of Expected Cost Posting...But my Partner do not want to use the base functionality..
    So i have to do this....How can i automatically create G/L Journal Lines if i don't want to direct insert into G/L Entry Table with the Purchase Receipt??

Is it possible to create extra Gen. Journal Lines while posting an Journal Entry??IF Yes then could anyone tell how??

If you do not want to Post the values to G/L entry , then why you want to create the G/L journal Lines.
    You need to make the user understand the concept/logic of NAV postings.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    hksharmaa wrote:
    if i don't want to direct insert into G/L Entry Table with the Purchase Receipt??
    Just deactivate the Automatic Cost Posting.
    Regards,
    Andwian