NAV Budget Restrictions-GL and Dimension wise-During Posting

Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
Hello All,

In Current NAV system, MS has provided Budget module and based on that, Actual Vs Budget value comparison.

Now, I want to have Budget wise restrictions during posting of Purchase Documents with the combinations of G/L Account and Dimensions, if posting effect exceeds the budgeted amount.

So, is there any suggestion regarding the same on

1) How easily I can do that?
2) Which are all other places where I should put such restrictions?
Ravi_Thakkar
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com

Answers

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    a) Identify the Purchase Budget Accounts against the Item with respect to product posting group.
    b) You have to define the Budget amount against that G/L account - X001 with Dimension and dates - Value- $10000
    c) when user created the PO , get the total budget amount for that G/L account -X001 in the Purchase line level. - $10000
    d) Now consider the Invoiced amount ,which posted to that Budget G/ L account-X001 ( Budget account) - $6000
    e) Take the value of received Not invoiced value which it has to post to Budget account -X001 - $2000
    f) Get the Current Purchase order value - $3000
    g) when user try to post the Receipt / Invoice , you have to add the values of $6000+$2000+$3000= $11000 and compare with the Budgert account amount - $ 10000
    h) so when the Sum of ( PO+ Invoiced +Received) value > Purchase budget account value based on the dimensions , throw the error message.

P.S: User may select the different product posting group items in PO level , need to check at every line level while posting.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    How about release purchase orders but no received...
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    edited 2010-12-29
    ssingla wrote:
    How about release purchase orders but no received...
    Hello Mr.Singla,

You are correct. We will also have to consider the Released PO which are not received.
    But, can you suggest any easy way to filter such Released PO those will have same GL and Dimension effect?
    Ravi_Thakkar
    a) Identify the Purchase Budget Accounts against the Item with respect to product posting group.
    b) You have to define the Budget amount against that G/L account - X001 with Dimension and dates - Value- $10000
    c) when user created the PO , get the total budget amount for that G/L account -X001 in the Purchase line level. - $10000
    d) Now consider the Invoiced amount ,which posted to that Budget G/ L account-X001 ( Budget account) - $6000
    e) Take the value of received Not invoiced value which it has to post to Budget account -X001 - $2000
    g) when user try to post the Receipt / Invoice , you have to add the values of $6000+$2000+$3000= $11000 and compare with the Budgert account amount - $ 10000
    h) so when the Sum of ( PO+ Invoiced +Received) value > Purchase budget account value based on the dimensions , throw the error message.

P.S: User may select the different product posting group items in PO level , need to check at every line level while posting.
    Thanks dear for your much discriptive and expressive reply, that provided me much understandings.

Now, for
    e) Take the value of received Not invoiced value which it has to post to Budget account -X001 - $2000.
    Wil I have to consider the Released PO or Partially received PO or fully Received but not invoiced? Can I have some more clarifications?

And for
    I will have to find the value based on After Posting effects on GL and Dimensions.
    Is there any suggestion how easily it can be done?

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Wil I have to consider the Released PO or Partially received PO or fully Received but not invoiced? Can I have some more clarifications?

You have to consider the Released PO , Partially Received PO , Fully Received Not Invoiced.

when it comes to Partially Received Purchase Orders also may not invoiced .
    Thanks for your reply.

Now, for example if I want all the
    G/L Account and Dimensions effects with Amount Value
    for that perticular document, during Releasing Purchase Order then I will have to consider all those effects on behalf of Posting Effects.

So, can you anybody suggest how easily we can get those values?
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Thanks for your reply.

Now, for example if I want all the
    G/L Account and Dimensions effects with Amount Value
    for that perticular document, during Releasing Purchase Order then I will have to consider all those effects on behalf of Posting Effects.

So, can you anybody suggest how easily we can get those values?

When you are creating the New functionality you required the help of Application Consultant regarding the design . His experience will give the clear picture like how many tables required , how to give the link between Budget table and Document tables . In this case Design plays major role to achieve what you are expecting.
    Thanks for your replies.
    My queries are clear now.
    Ravi_Thakkar