count on records of table

NoiK00NoiK00 Member Posts: 51
Hey NAV-ers,

I got a small, basic question on how to get the number of records when in table view. Is there a handy functions that will display this information?

Thanks in advance,
NoiK

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    What would you guess how should such a function be named?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    do you mean after a user interaction?
    e.g.: a user opens a list form, sets some filters and then he wants to know the no. of records?
    no, out of the box, there isn't.
    if you are a developer you can easily implement it with the [What would you guess how should such a function be named?] function on the rec variable (you have to do it for every form you need it), otherwise, you can export to excel the table and count the rows
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • NoiK00NoiK00 Member Posts: 51
    With a function i ment a button, filter....some of these options. So the users can see it.

It seems that there isn't an out of the box one. So i thought maybe there is another handy feature with some combinations of these buttons. That's too bad, now i am "copying" the table to excel and i see the count there. then i keep using that method.

Thanks,
    NoiK
    edited 2010-12-29
    you can use the "send to excel button" if you are in nav 5 or more...it's faster than copy/paste for large tables, and you don't even have to run excel manually.
    anyway, if you need the counter just on some forms, you can implement the COUNT function in a lable textbox in the bottom of the form (something like the balance field in the journals)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • NoiK00NoiK00 Member Posts: 51
    Thanx, with the send as excel button it will work to, maybe the label isn't needed then...we will see..

Thanx
    NoiK00 wrote:
    Thanx, with the send as excel button it will work to, maybe the label isn't needed then...we will see..

Thanx
    unfortunately, you've to remove that label line manually
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    NoiK00 wrote:
    I got a small, basic question on how to get the number of records when in table view. Is there a handy functions that will display this information?
    What would you guess how should such a function be named?
    NoiK00 wrote:
    That's too bad, now i am "copying" the table to excel and i see the count there.
    That is the clue :mrgreen:

rec.COUNT;
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We've added that to a few forms here & there - A simple TextBox at the bottom of the screen.

Sourceexp = COUNT

Item List
    Customer List
    Payment Journal
    etc.