Options

Difference in Line Type on BOM Line

amitpatelamitpatel Member Posts: 5
edited 2010-12-27 in Dynamics AX
What is the difference between line type (Production) and (Item) in BOM Line ? As I noticed I can have both treated as Semi finished good. I went through Production pdf many times but could not understand it exactly, neither any example has been given.

Answers

• Options
    kranthikranthi Member Posts: 72
    amitpatel wrote:
    What is the difference between line type (Production) and (Item) in BOM Line ? As I noticed I can have both treated as Semi finished good. I went through Production pdf many times but could not understand it exactly, neither any example has been given.

Yes both can be treated as semi finished goods.
    The main purpose of the Line Type Production is, that the system will create a new production order for the Line Type of Production - if this is of BOM Item Type.
    Suppose you have a BOM which includes the Sub BOM in the BOM lines and if you want to generate a new production order for that (the Sub BOM) - you need define it as Line Type - Production in the BOM Lines.
    Kranthi
  • Options
    amitpatelamitpatel Member Posts: 5
    I just checked and noted some difference based on your explanation. Correct me if I am wrong, "it creates production order irrespective of whether you have item on hand or not if type is Production".

If you do not mind could you explain with an example when and how I could use type "Phantom" :? . Thanks in advance for your help :D .
  • Options
    kranthikranthi Member Posts: 72
    Yes it will not consider the inventory level.

Phantom BOM is a non stock item - which is used for calculating the requirements.
    and it will be considered into inventory only when this is actually required for manufacturing.
    This is a theoretical explanation - not used it practically :)
    Kranthi