Pictures on report

ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
HI,
I want to put a picture in a background report and write on the Text
how can i do it?
thinks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It's kind of long and complicated. Well, it is if you are not using the NAV 2009 RTC. With classic reports you have to print it to PDF and do it from there.

I actually have a nice little recipe in my book (see my signature below) that does just this. It prints a watermark on a page and overlays the text on top. It has to be done through PDFs, though.

The other way is easier, but may not look as pretty. You can store an image in a blob field and display it on a report using a picture box, and then put a text box on top of it. It works fine for solid colors or small images that can repeat themselves, but not well at all for images that take up the whole page. Your picture can only be as big as each section allows. So if the report has a lot of sections or sections that do not always show then this may not work.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    matttrax wrote:
    You can store an image in a blob field and display it on a report using a picture box

You don't need to have it on a blob field.
    The picture box has the property bitmap where you can write the path to your bmp file.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.