Options

Three Companies who share Inventory - Navision 4.0

A._B._Computer_SystemsA._B._Computer_Systems Member Posts: 103
I posted to 3.6 by mistake. Don't see Navision 4.0 yet so I am posting it here.

Anyone has an add-on or a mod in Navision 4.0 where you can place a sales order and quickly transfer inventory from other companies so it can be placed on the order?

Example: The user is in company A. Should be able to see on-hand and availability in companies B & C. If there is not enough in A, can transfer immediately from B to A, and place on the order.

Comments

• Options
    harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
    We've looked at the Intercompany module that ships with 4.0. It is quite extensive and is able to process logistic transactions between companies. You should be able to automate the posting process between the companies using the application server and some customisations.

It should also be possible to build a view that retrieves information from more then one company in the same database and that way view the stock on hand in the other companies. I have had no experience with that just yet but the programmers from Navision Holland assured me that it is possible. Maybe someone else can help you with a code sample that shows how you could setup that part of the program.
    CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
    Prins Hendrikplein 14
    2518 JC DEN HAAG
    The Netherlands
    http://www.cane.nl
  • Options
    kakkassmkakkassm Member Posts: 12
    hi,
    I have the some probleme using MBS Navision 3.70A , i have one database with 17 companies, i check the availabilite of an item using C/AL code. Using the CHANGECOMPANY Function. and it works.

:roll: