Options

NAV 2009 R2 RTC version issue

aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
edited 2011-04-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi team,

I had uninstalled NAV 2009 SP1 components and install 2009R2 components. Classic client is working fine.. I had converted the existing database to the new version and also i had compiled all the objects. Now when i trying to open RTC getting warning message "Client Version does not match with the server version"
Client version:6.0.32012.0
Server version:6.0.29626.0

Can any one help me out in sorting this issue

Regard,
Akthar

Comments

• Options
    elrobertoelroberto Member Posts: 11
    please control ich you have also installed a new service tier.
    maybe you're trying to use a 2009SP1 Service with the 2009R2 client.
  • Options
    aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    Thank you

I tried to uninstall and re-install NST(Service creating management) which is used for creating new services for different databases. But still i cannot able to create a instance and service for the required database. May be the NST management which i am using will not be suitable for 2009R2.
    I tried to follow the suggested microsoft approach for creating new services. But i feel its bit confusing to me. Do we updated exe file which creates new instance and service for 2009R2

Akthar
  • Options
    elrobertoelroberto Member Posts: 11
    $\ServiceTier\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service

stop the service, go to the path above on the product cd and copy all files to the service tier dir.
    then restart the service and try to connect again.

i hope that will help.
  • Options
    engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
    Hi

I encountered the same problem. It turned out that my ClientUserSettings.config was pointing to a different server.

I am not suggesting that anyone could be as careless as me. But you might want to check the ClientUserSetting.config in the Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV folder.