what is the right answer of this question

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
Question.
You work in an international company which is called Wiikigo. And you're employed as the Developer
for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Another programmer has written a report. But it is not producing any output.
Therefore, your company asks you to find out the reason. So what may cause this?

A.The request form was not used.
B.Calcsums was not called in the OnAfterGetRecord trigger.
C.The report has been filtered with code so that no records match the filter(s).
D.The PrintOnlyIfDetail property has been set to true on the outermost indented DataItem.

I am confused between C and D,
can anybody guide me

Comments

• JAJJAJ Member Posts: 52
    mkpjsr wrote:
    Question.
    You work in an international company which is called Wiikigo. And you're employed as the Developer
    for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Another programmer has written a report. But it is not producing any output.
    Therefore, your company asks you to find out the reason. So what may cause this?

A.The request form was not used.
    B.Calcsums was not called in the OnAfterGetRecord trigger.
    C.The report has been filtered with code so that no records match the filter(s).
    D.The PrintOnlyIfDetail property has been set to true on the outermost indented DataItem.

I am confused between C and D,
    can anybody guide me

Option D.

Regards.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    At least it isn't a question from the test...at least not one that I remember.

Sounds like a poorly written question to me. It could be either C or D. And since there is no idea of the actual structure of the report (whether it is just body sections, headers, footers, etc) it is impossible to answer correctly.

I would lean towards C. Most reports will have a header section for the very first data item that will always print. Answer D references the first indented data item. That would imply that one sections of that data item are not printing instead of the entire report as the question asks.

But again, it's a badly written question I think.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    it looks to me that it is a question from a test (see the companyname)
    so no answer from me
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    It can't be option D.

The PrintOnlyIfDetail works if a dataitem has other dataitems indented. In D option, the property was set for the outermost DataItem... so this will never be the reason for data not printing, no matter what structure the report has.

Edit:On the example below what would be the outermost dataitem?
    DataItem1
       DataItem2

For me the outermost is DataItem2, since the definition of the word is "farthest out; remotest from the interior or center: the outermost limits". The interior or center would be DataItem1.
    Also because I searched for the spanish translation and it is translated as the "last one".

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    I read outermost as the most outside = less indented DataItem.

Maybe the question is not complete and it says at end: Select 2 answers that apply. :wink:
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    I can't see where it says "Select 2 answers that apply" :roll:

Anyway I took the exam a few days ago and there was a question quite similar to this one. I must say that the possible answers where much more clears than those ones --> it did not say the outermost / the innermost, but it said the most indented / the less indented.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    kitik wrote:
    I can't see where it says "Select 2 answers that apply" :roll:
    I must say that the possible answers where much more clears than those ones --> it did not say the outermost / the innermost, but it said the most indented / the less indented.

You're right!
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...