tech upgrade permission error

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
hi everyone, i've recently done a technical upgrade from nav 3.10 to nav 2009 (FDB).
i've converted the database as is (just a tech upgrade), without problems, but some strange permission errors started to pop up.
the customer have not purchased the warehouse granule (it was like this since 3.10) and everything went well.
Now, nav starts to pop up permission errors about the item charge assignment and warehouse request tables. Clearly the users does not have these permissions, nor they had them in version 3.10.
if i use a super user, everything goes fine (so, i don't suppose it's licensing problem).
do you know what can be the problem? in my opinion i can start adding permissions to necessary tables, but hey...it worked before and it HAVE TO work now, too! :-k
thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• PeterDPeterD Member Posts: 66
    I experienced the same thing after our technical upgrade. In one case I got an error on a Delete. It was an empty table which was not in our license.

Apparently the old Navision checked permissions only when about to actually perform a deletion. And the newer Navision checks the permissions, even if there is nothing to delete.

So I added the extra required permissions.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    thanks a lot, i was afraid there were something wrong with the tech upgrade...it's really tricky!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    edited 2011-01-13
    I'm hating this damn thing...if someone of you fall into the same problem, i suggest to create a new role (UPGRADE, for example) and assign this role to everyone.
    then teach the users to add the permissions to this role in order to fix it for everyone else.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    I ran into a similar issue a while back when I converted a client from CSIDE to SQL. I created a role named BLANK_TABLES that gave read permission to every table that didn't have any records in it for their database. Then, I assigned every user that role.
    Joseph Gress
    I ran into a similar issue a while back when I converted a client from CSIDE to SQL. I created a role named BLANK_TABLES that gave read permission to every table that didn't have any records in it for their database. Then, I assigned every user that role.
    :thumbsup:
    my database is fdb only but i guess the problem is the same
    -Mirko-
    My Blog