Refreshing data on Form

irenegireneg Member Posts: 30
Hi there

I force a validate(Incomplete,False) on the OnModify trigger of a table. In the validation of the Incomplete column, I call a function that performs validation checks and according to the outcome sets the Incomplete column to True or False. This works and the table is updated correctly, but...

After the user leaves the record (Tabular-type form), the updated value of the Incomplete column is not displayed. Only when the users selects the record again it is updated.

How can I refresh the value of the record updated, without selecting it again? I've tried the SELECTLATESTVERSION and currform.update(false) in the OnAfterValidate of the Incomplete column, but no luck.

Thanks

Irene
Irene Grassow

Answers

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Lookup OnAfterGetRecord and OnAfterGetCurrRecord form triggers in NAV online help.
    ..and call the function that sets "Incomplete" directly from the Modify trigger and not by validating the "Incomplete" field.
  • irenegireneg Member Posts: 30
    Thanks, I got it to work by placing currform.update(True) on the Deactivate trigger of certain columns.
    Irene Grassow
    ???

Irene, you really should read the Application Designers Guide included on the NAV installation CD. And remember to keep your add-ons and solutions as standard and as simple as possible!