Outlook Synchronization

KolibriKolibri Member Posts: 2
Hi together,

I want synchronize data from NAV 2009 to Outlook. The connection to outlook works fine. I have synchronized contacts yet.

But now I have a table (not "To-do"-table) to synchronize, in which the fields "Starting Date", "Starting Time", Duration, Description are existing.
I want, that these datas would be created as appointments in my Outlook calender after synchronization.

But I don' t know at all how I must setup my new "Outlook-Synchronization Entity" in NAV.

Who can help me? ](*,)

Each hint can be helpful.

Many thanks

Kolibri

Comments

• flbflb Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kolibri

I worked on this kind of synchronization.

Create a new Outlook Synch. Entity
    In a first time, you create a new entity in NAV
    • Code: <your entity code>
    • Table No : <your table no>
    • Outlook Item: AppointmentItem

Then you have to map your fields with outlook properties. (Synch entity ==> Fields)
    • NAV Field -> Outlook property
    • Starting Date -> StartDate
    • Starting Time -> StartDate
    • Duration -> Duration
    • Description -> Body
    You have to link StartDate with starting date and starting time if you want your appointment at the good date and time (both are concatened). I didn't try using duration, i used EndDate property like StartDate

Create a new Outlook Synch. User Setup
    Here you have to add the created entity and associate it to your user ID

Update nav codeunit
    If you start a full synchronization, appointments will be created but without body, and start date and time will be the date and time at which you synchronized.

This issue is due to read-only status. To correct it, in codeunit 5300 function "ValidateOItemPropertyName", comment the line
    //IsReadOnly := OPropertyInfo.IsReadOnly;

Configure Outlook
    In Outlook addin parameters, Directory tab, choose your calendar

I think I described all what I have done to create appointment. Try this and let me know if you have problems

Best regards