EXPORT TO EXCEL-Different Reports into one excel workbook.

bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
Hi ,

Is there is any way ,were i can export many reports into one excel work book ,each reports being displayed in different work sheets on the work book.

i.e if i export Trail Balance and Bank Account reports to excel i need one excel sheet with sheet1 data (Trail Balance) and Sheet 2 Data( Bank Account).

Thanks,
Bhareth.

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    yes, if you modify the reports that you can select to which workbook to be exported.
    Modify excelbuffer to be compatible with a workbook that already exists.
    And offcourse, in the new openworkbook function have an option to either create or use a sheet.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
    Sog,

can you pls breif me in detail...do you have any codes of same ??

bhareth
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    you need to set all Dataitems being used in both report in a report then you can send data in two different sheet of a workbook.
    you need to set all Dataitems being used in both report in a report then you can send data in two different sheet of a workbook.

Hi Vijay ,

To be more clear , i have 10 reports with different data items and how i wanna going to combine all those different dtaitems in a single report??

guys,

put your valaubale suggestions...

bhareth
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bhareth wrote:
    guys,

put your valaubale suggestions...

bhareth

bhareth, what have you tried so far?
    David Singleton
    I got the results !!!!!!!! \:D/ !

Created Three functions on excel buffer table .

OPENBOOK-parameters(workbook name)
    SAVEBOOK.
    CREATENEWSHEET-parameters(Sheetname,companyname,userid,newsheet).

i.creating a new workbook by calling CREATEBOOK function and save it in a location of harddisk by calling SAVEBOOK.
    ii.calling every report(that needs to be exported to excel) by calling OPENBOOK funtion and creating the sheet by calling CREATENEWSHEET and then finally called SAVEBOOK function.

It's working perfectly fine ...

David Singleton,

I posted the above what i have tried so far ..if you have any other way it bring it up ..pls post .. [-X

Thanks,
    bhareth.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    That's good news.

You need always to try for yourself at least something. Its a much better learning experience.

:thumbsup:
    David Singleton
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I'm glad to read that the suggestion I made has inspired you to come up with your own solution. :thumbsup:
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|