Invoice discount amount become zero in sales order at ship

MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
Hi,

I have noticed one thing dont know if this is a bug or thier is some logic to do so?

When we apply an invoice discount amount on a sales order and we do post only ship option then the Inv. Discoumt Amount becomes zero and at time of posting invoice I need to define the discount again in the header where as if I do post ship and invoice then it takes the discount.

Can any one tell me if this is logical or it is a bug to be fixed? We are using NAV 2009 classic client.

Regards,

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I replicated your scenario in NAV 6.0 IN Cronus database, it is working fine.

Have you done any customizations ?
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    No we have not done any customization. Infact the same thing happening in service orders of the service module. May be you are creating a warehouse shipment to ship the item. Try to ship directly from the sales order then you will get the problem which I mentioned.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I posted the transactions ( Ship) directly from sales order only and I can confirm it is working fine in the NAV IN 6.0 Localization.

What about your localization ?
    I also check in an other database for sales you are right it is working fine.

Can you also check for service order in service module as well? Becuase my main concern is service order actally.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    can you describe a little more how you create your orders
    I create a service order then atthe bottom button of order select the option of servicelines and select some resource and item for this service order and provide the price what ever you want. Then from the line button at the bottom of service order select Service item worksheet and at that form selectthe repair status as finished. I just breifed you the simplest steps of making an order to test only. Similar to sales order press F9 to define the Inv. Discount Amount and then go back to service order and on posting select the option to ship and consume. You will notice that the item and resource shipment is posted and this dosount amount field will become zero so before posting ship and invoice or just the invoice we need to define again the discount. I hope I make it clear.

Thank you all for your replies.