UK VAT change

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi there,

The VAT is changing at the end of the year and tehrefore we will change the rates at our VAT Posting Setup.

The question here would be, what happen with Credit Memo's to invoices issued this year? Shouldn't they have to have the old rate?

Regards
Navision Developer

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Yes, they should have the old rate. Same thing with invoices to services that have been provided at the end of the year but were entered into the system not until the new year.

There should be a solution provided by Microsoft UK for standard or by your solution provider for your vertical solution. Both should be delivered by your Dynamics NAV partner.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    It's the accounting/financial staff who has to answer this question.

Last July Spain changed it's VAT rates. If Microsoft uses the same tool to change the UK VAT rates (I guess it's pretty much the same), the you'll have no problem to post with the old or the new rates.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Do you mean you need an specific tool?

Surely Navision can take care of situations like that!

Wouldn't be a solution to:

-create new codes like "NEW_UK", and re-direct all codes to this
    -Keep the "UK" in the system
    -Make them use a "Copy Document" for Credit Memos

It's just an idea but doesn't really seem practical. I was expecting Navision to pick up the correct VAT % when you do a Credit Memo and use "Applies-to Doc Type" and "Applies-to Doc Number"
    Navision Developer
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    aleix1979 wrote:
    Do you mean you need an specific tool?

Surely Navision can take care of situations like that!

Wouldn't be a solution to:

-create new codes like "NEW_UK", and re-direct all codes to this
    -Keep the "UK" in the system
    -Make them use a "Copy Document" for Credit Memos

It's just an idea but doesn't really seem practical. I was expecting Navision to pick up the correct VAT % when you do a Credit Memo and use "Applies-to Doc Type" and "Applies-to Doc Number"

:thumbsup:

That's how I have always done it.

I can't see why you would need any "tool" unless the tool is a batch that goes in and Updates the VAT group code on the items or customers or what every changed.

I can't imagine someone simply going in and typing in a new vat rate on the old code. In any case I normally name the code with the %, so VAT15 and VAT20 etc.
    David Singleton
  • aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Thanks David. I guess I'll do it this way then.

You will agree that it's a rather poor solution from Navision. You shouldn't need to do massive changes to the database (requiring dev/consultancy) for an administrative task like that.
    Navision Developer
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    You don't need a specific tool. You can do it manually. The tool helps you do it much faster.

You need to create new VAT groups and assing them to all items, accounts, resourses, etc.
    You need to change the VAT group to all open documents, you need to duplicate lines if they are partially shipped, etc etc etc

If you have a high number of items, open documents, etc. then you'll probarly need the tool. Ask you partner about it or take a look at PartnerSource if you have acces to it.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kitik wrote:
    You don't need a specific tool. You can do it manually. The tool helps you do it much faster.

You need to create new VAT groups and assing them to all items, accounts, resourses, etc.
    You need to change the VAT group to all open documents, you need to duplicate lines if they are partially shipped, etc etc etc

If you have a high number of items, open documents, etc. then you'll probarly need the tool. Ask you partner about it or take a look at PartnerSource if you have acces to it.

Salut!

OK, so all it does is batch the manual process. That's OK then. (I think I hinted to that in my post anyway).
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!