Options

The definition of the Sales Line Table has Changed.

eknraweknraw Member Posts: 26
edited 2010-12-15 in NAV Three Tier
We've had this reoccurring issue happen about 3 times now. The error we'll see in the RTC and errors kicked back from the NST are:

"The definition of the Sales Line Table has Changed. Start your activity again."

Re-compiling Table 37 will fix the problem up until it happens again (Maybe something is modifying the Object Cache/Metadata data??). Nobody is modifying the object. I saw another issue reference NAV 4 and a similar error if you viewed the table definition but as far as I know that's not happening. The only reoccurring task that this might be tied to is a re-indexing and an update of statics on the SQL server which happens on a weekly basis early Saturday morning (2am) and users will notice the error around 7 or 8 AM. According to the DBA's they aren't doing anything else. I've also had them run the re-indexing and statistics update on just the Sales Line table to see if the error could be re-created and that hasn't triggered the issue.

Anyone have any ideas as I start to dig into this?

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Let the DBA's run re-indexing and statistics update just on the object table.
    The sales line definition is stored in there. According to the information given, this would be a good place to start.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    eknraweknraw Member Posts: 26
    We just tested re-indexing on just the "Sales Line" table, the object, object metadata, object tracking tables and launched the full re-indexing job on the whole database. Didn't trigger the error message. I didn't really think that would do it but it's the only weekly thing that seems to correspond to when the error happens.