Form Insert only

iordepiordep Member Posts: 7
Hi,
I have a form to create new customers, and I use the “F3” to insert a new record, but when “ESC” is pressed the form show the last Record and I want to prevent that.
On ESC, should close the Form.

How can I achieve this?

Tanks in advanced

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I guess you can put a Menu button shortcut that closes the form with the ESC key, but I think that it's silly and will have consequences (like no more ESC key to even undo your typing, much less abandoning the import of a record).

What's the problem with a user seeing a customer?
  • FSmeetsFSmeets Member Posts: 37
    Demolish the ESC button on all keyboards.
  • iordepiordep Member Posts: 7
    This form is a quick insert customer form from the sales Order and, on close, brings the customer to the sales order. It’s not supposed to see other customers.

I was looking for some trigger that could be used to prevent this, but I don’t know what the form does when we press “ESC” in this case…. Can anyone help me? For sure that anyone already had to create a “Insert form”.

Of course that I can try to use a Temp Customer table, and Insert in real in the end, but I have to change everything in this form!!!

Thanks
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    What about inserting the customer, then running the form with a filter for that new customer number? We did a similar thing with Ship-to Addresses. If it finds a record with a blank name / address / etc it uses opens to that one instead of a new one.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    iordep wrote:
    This form is a quick insert customer form from the sales Order and, on close, brings the customer to the sales order. It’s not supposed to see other customers.

I was looking for some trigger that could be used to prevent this, but I don’t know what the form does when we press “ESC” in this case…. Can anyone help me? For sure that anyone already had to create a “Insert form”.

Of course that I can try to use a Temp Customer table, and Insert in real in the end, but I have to change everything in this form!!!

Thanks

What about teaching them the Navision way, and get them to do it properly. [-(
    David Singleton