Problem with Print Preview and Rendering

deconinckgdeconinckg Member Posts: 16
Hi all,

We have a Terminal Server where Navision is installed. Navision version is 5.0 SP1.
Terminal Server is WIN2008Server in x64.

PROBLEM:
We seem to have some issues concerning the Print Preview with some of our Users. 3-5 Users don't have Print Preview problems and all the other users have a blank preview, only tables with no text or just one logo on the Print Preview.

STEPS TAKEN:
- We changed the default printer (same problem)
- Removed all printers (same problem)
- Reinstalled all printers (same problem)
- removed user profile and cleaned up registry for user, then logged back in with that user with a clean profile (same problem)

I'm out of steps to take, and haven't any idea what could cause the problem. I'm still convinced it has to do something with the print drivers, but at this moment i'm unsure. Is there anyone who has had this problem and found a resolution to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Gunther

Comments

• deconinckgdeconinckg Member Posts: 16
    It is a Windows Server 2008, not an R2. In the link you provided it shows its compatible with hotfix. But Navision works as a whole, its just not for every user on the server. And the only problem they have with Navision at this point is that some users can't print orders or contacts to the printer. Because it prints like it does in the Print Preview. Printing Blank pages or printing pages with only lines of tables on it.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    It makes no difference if R2 or not. NAV is not designed to run in terminal mode on a 64 bit Windows OS. The table clearly states "WOW" which means Windows on Windows mode. And even this mode is provided with no guarantees because NAV integrates many integrated components (like report printing) which are not guaranteed to function properly.