How to avoid an item being planned

lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
I am about to migrate a customer from an old production system to NAV 2009 SP1 classic.
I have migrated all sales orders and all released production orders.

Some items are of type "planning system"::Order.
Some of these items on sales orders are connected to finished production orders in the old system.
I would simply like the planning engine to avoid these since they are already in stock in the new system.

I have tried to reservere Sales Order Lines against Item Ledger Entries but the planning engine still thinks they should be planned...

Appreciate all input on this.
Navision developer

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    hah long time no see.

There is a field on the Sales line called Apply to item entry, you can add this to field and select an appropriate ILE entry to apply to the sales line

This should force an application and stop te system looking to make a new planned order.

You can also try using the application worksheet to apply the already produced inventory to the open sales orders, this however would require that you have a posted shipment to apply the entry against...
  • lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Thanks Janne :)

I tried apply to item ledger entry but it didn't work. I tried reserve and apply at the same time but still no success
    Navision developer
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can try and bring them as sales Invoices instead of Sales orders.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What is the value of the field planned on the sales line ? if it is yes change to No