Don't want to Delete Sales Order

prasad.khorgadeprasad.khorgade Member Posts: 25
Hello All,

I dont want to delete the Sales Order (Sales Header & Sales Line Data) though it is completely
shipped & Invoiced & other information related to SAles Order (eg. comments, Document Dimension,
Line dimension, payment terms, Structure Details etc..)

In CU - 90- Purch-Post I saw the code
Code -
IF HASLINKS THEN DELETELINKS;
DELETE;

I think above code I need to comment & what code should I need to comment.
Kindly assist me the same.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Why do you want to keep them. This is in my opinion bad practice. Have a look at how to archive an order.
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    Wouldn't it be better to move all that info to the Archive and delete the sales document?
    Why do you want to keep the document on Sales Header and Sales Line tables?
  • nav_pknav_pk Member Posts: 1
    I know if I make (true) Archive Sales Order & Qoute in sales setup then
    during posting I am automatically getting the Archive version.

But I have different kind of requirement.
    I need a report of Sales Order i.e. Before Posting the Sales Order & can take the print out in the future also.
    So if I am going with the Standard Nav practice then I need to post the document & then neet to get the print out. (whcich is not required).
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    If you book sales invoice from the Sales Invoice form using Get shipment Lines , system will not delete that sales order even Qty = Qty Shipped = Qty Invoiced.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    nav_pk wrote:
    I know if I make (true) Archive Sales Order & Qoute in sales setup then
    during posting I am automatically getting the Archive version.

But I have different kind of requirement.
    I need a report of Sales Order i.e. Before Posting the Sales Order & can take the print out in the future also.
    So if I am going with the Standard Nav practice then I need to post the document & then neet to get the print out. (whcich is not required).
    You need to rethink on this. The printout of sales order (without posting) can not be used as Posted Invoice because you always have the option to modify it. As far as Archiving is concerned you can create a custom report on Archived tables to show the sales order printout.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in