Electronic Invoicing or e-Invoicing in NAV?

Aravindh_NavisionAravindh_Navision Member Posts: 258
HI Pals,

Does anyone worked in Electronic Invoicing or e-Invoicing in NAV? If anyone have idea or document about this, can you share with me.

Thanks,
Aravindh.

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    HI Pals,

Does anyone worked in Electronic Invoicing or e-Invoicing in NAV? If anyone have idea or document about this, can you share with me.

Thanks,
    Aravindh.

Every invoice issued in NAV is an electronic invoice. Be more specific.
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    I have built a number of e-invoicing solutions and also implemented EDI (a type of e-invoicing) in NAV. Several integrate with customer's payables systems. Others simply send an e-invoice to customers via email. So there are a number of questions you have to ask/answer:

1. Do you have to send an e-invoice to another system in a special file format? If so, you may have to store some "configuration" information somewhere. Then it becomes a relatively straightforward process to take a posted invoice and export the e-invoice information in the correct format.

2. If instead, you simply have to email an invoice to a customer, then it's a matter of formatting the invoice the way you want. It can be a simple text-based email format, or it could be generation of a pdf document containing the invoice and attaching it to an email.

Quite a few examples of both here on MIBUSO, but if you have any specific questions, ask them and perhaps I can help.
    Ron
  • Aravindh_NavisionAravindh_Navision Member Posts: 258
    Hi rsaritzky,

Thanks you very much for your response and I apologize for my delayed reply.

I have a doc file containing the release note of Electronic Invoice (RELEASE NOTE Microsoft Dynamics ® NAV 2009 SP1 ES Electronic Invoice – Comprobante Fiscal Digital - I hope this will be in microsoft site). I have a fob file with me which contains the feature of e-Invoicing. But when I tried to import the fob, I am getting the following errors (see image Error1 and Error2).

img.Error1: License issue
    img.Error2: No permission in SQL

I believe above are the reasons for the corresponding errors. If anything else, can you please tell me why?

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Aravindh
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Never heard of the Add-On but it seems to be a spanish module from MS Spain.

License Error:
    The module adds fields in a number range which your current license does not allow to create. Probably you will need a spanish developers license.

SQL Error:
    Did you sync security? Which rights has your user on SQL? Is the DB on extended security?
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting