Options

Changing a 'YES' button to an 'OK' button in RTC

djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
edited 2010-12-09 in NAV Three Tier
Alright, I've spared you all from most of this, but I'm nearly done with this mod and this is my final step... I'm very new to the RTC, and the form that I copied as a template has a "Yes" button. In the classic client I know how to change this to read and return an "OK" value when pressed, but can't seem to find it in the RTC. The page type is "ConfirmationDialog", so I don't know if that needs to be changed or not, but I feel like I've looked pretty much everywhere (even though I obviously haven't).

Thank you!
"OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
"Show All..."
"Oh..."

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I don't think you can change the buttons.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Yargh. I was afraid of that. Looks like I'll just have to re-code so that a "YES" return works as well.

If someone can confirm this I'll mark the thread solved.

In other news, how precisely is this better than the development environment we had before? This is certainly much less flexible. I'm not even a developer and I know that before we had at least 8 different things we could have those buttons do, and now I can't even change what it says? Grrr...
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • Options
    preitzelpreitzel Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 12
    The standard buttons in the footer of a Page (OK, Close, Yes, No etc.) is defined and based on what type of Page it is. It is different buttons depending on what PageType it is e.g. List and Cards have OK buttons and ConfirmationDialog have both a Yes and a No button and so on. These fixed standard buttons and the case that you are not able to change or switch them on and off are a UX decision that was made for NAV 2009.

Microsoft do have very much focus on how and where to improve the designer experience for Pages .. this also include these standard buttons on Pages. But as it is now for NAV 2009 you can’t modify these standard buttons you are mentioning.
    Per Reitzel - Software Development Engineer - MDCC