how can we move the sections of report, up or down

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
Hi all,

Whenever i design a report in navision, I always find that the sections are arranged in order of the data items. if i put any integer data item as last data item and want to place the sections of it above some data item's section then i am not able to do this.
I have seen in some standard Navision reports that this is possible, but how, i do not know.....

can anybody tell me how to do this.

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Please tell us in which reports you've seen this, because to my knowledge this is impossible.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    One example of it would be the infamous Sales Invoice report (206). VAT Amount Lines are created in a temporary table while looping over the Sales Invoices Lines and are printed at the bottom of the report. You could create a similar construction for the complete Sales Invoice Line dataitem.
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    Sog wrote:
    Please tell us in which reports you've seen this, because to my knowledge this is impossible.

If you look at Report "Sales -Invoice" (Id-206) then you can see these dataitems

DataItem Name
    Sales Invoice Header <Sales Invoice Header>
    Integer CopyLoop
    Integer PageLoop
    Integer DimensionLoop1
    Sales Invoice Line <Sales Invoice Line>
    Integer Sales Shipment Buffer
    Integer DimensionLoop2
    Integer VATCounter
    Integer VatCounterLCY

and when i swich to View->Sections, I find pageLoop and DimensionLoop1 on the top..

I just wanted to know how it is done
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The sections are everywhere in the order of dataitems. It just means that some dataitems have no section. Nothing more...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.