DLL issue.

satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
I am in maintenance project.

My client is using Electronic Data Interchange add-on.

In codeunit when they call Printing.PrintLabel(PrinterPort); function they got below error

Printlabel is failed: Invalid handle.
Parameter name:handle

Here Printing is defined as automation server 'Lanham_E-Ship_Integration'.PrintToPort

As my work on this error i learned some DLL is missed.
How can i know which dll is missed and how can installed.

Please help me any body ..
Thanks in advance..

Satish...

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Why not contacting the vendor directly that developed the E-Ship functionality, http://www.lanhamassoc.com/e-ship.htm ?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
    really i am not sure that am i missed any dll, to get the error while run the object.

Please find attached error message.
    Thanks in advance..

Satish...
    See my previous response.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
    Thank you for your reply Luc Van Dyck.
    I will contact them but if they ask me which dll you want, i could know.
    I am looking and how can i ask them to get that dll.
    Is it really the looking dll missing problem.
    Thanks in advance..

Satish...
    As they have developed the DLL, they should now which DLL you need.
  • samemerysamemery Member Posts: 60
    We had the same error (invalid handle). for us we were mapping to the LPT2 port. the LPT1 worked however whenever we tried to send to the LPT2 it would give us the invalid handle error. The reason was because there was no physical LPT2 port on the computer, only a physical LPT1. so we went to the electronic store and bought another LPT port and plugged it in (Windows automatically maps it to LPT2 when plugged in).

We then mapped it through the command prompt (net use lpt2 \\%computername%\printername /persistent:yes)

We also mapped it through devices and printers pooling it with LPT2 and USB001.

Hope this helps.