Options

Need Guidence To do Funcional Exams?

wanttobeexpertwanttobeexpert Member Posts: 2
Dear All,

I had query regarding doing Certification in Navision. Am working as technical Consultant (Pure Technical)in this feild for the past 2. 6 years , and i had gave my techinical Exams
(1) Navision 4.0 C/SIDE Introduction ,
2) Navision 4.0 C/SIDE Solution Development .

Now the Actual Fact is my Management want me to give Functional Exam either in Manufacturing or WareHouse Mangement . To be frank being a Pure Techinical Am in Level Zero as far as Manufacturing and Ware House Mangement is concerned.

But am planning to do Certification Manufacturing . From Where can i start and How I can Learn Manufacturing Flow ?. Since My Management has given only 1 month dead Line for doing this certification. Need Your Valuable Suggestion and guidence.

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    But am planning to do Certification Manufacturing . From Where can i start and How I can Learn Manufacturing Flow ?. Since My Management has given only 1 month dead Line for doing this certification. Need Your Valuable Suggestion and guidence.

Firstly ignore the exams, they are not important.

Talk to your boss and tell them that if they want you to move to be a functional consultant that you first need to learn. They should then put you on projects with a senior functional consultant who will mentor you. Once you have done 3 projects you should be able to then start your first one under guidance.

Being a functional consulatant is all about business, so you need to learn about business. Once you are qualified, then you can start worrying about exams.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' to 'NAV Exams & Certification' forum]
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Being a functional consulatant is all about business, so you need to learn about business. Once you are qualified, then you can start worrying about exams.

Sounds all well and good, but with only a month to do it I somehow sense it won't happen :cry: Why do I sense someone with a manufacturing background is no longer at the company and they need someone to replace him? :lol:

In this situation, I think the only thing you can do is start reading.