Vendor Uses NAV - Best Practices Integration

bjwjmmba1bjwjmmba1 Member Posts: 9
Hello, I am a Business Analyst for my company and I am trying to find out what a Best Practice for integrating with one of our vendors who also uses NAV would be. I found some information that talked about XML data ports but, I wasn't absolutely sure that it was a NAV to NAV solution and was for Purchase Orders in specific.

Thank you for any help you can give me!
Barbara J. Whitener
bwhitener@joycemeyer.org

Comments

• EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    I think an interface is the best solution to exchange data between NAV. You won't get access to the NAV from your vendor and won't your vendor on your DB so an interface by XMLport or Dataport should be the best way. It should be easy to implement that because of maybe the same data structur.

Greetings,
    egnaz
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    It's the same method as if you were to integrate with any other software. Essentially, you import/export data using EDI, dataport and/or XMLports.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    edited 2010-12-03
    Alex Chow wrote:
    It's the same method as if you were to integrate with any other software. Essentially, you import/export data using EDI, dataport and/or XMLports.

Yes I agree. The fact that it's Navision to Navision should be irrelevant. Decide on something that will work with all ERP systems, so that you can roll this out to other vendors. Though I would not write custom Dataports/XML ports, EDI or XBRL or similar is the way to go.
    David Singleton
  • bjwjmmba1bjwjmmba1 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks to you all for your quick responses!

I will let you know the decision and how it works out!

=D>
    Barbara J. Whitener
    bwhitener@joycemeyer.org