Lookup Drilldown

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello All,

1. I have a flow field on the Posted Service Invoice Header which acts as a lookup/drilldown at the same time.

The field is a code field with the following properties:

Fieldclass (Flowfield)
Calcformula (Lookup("Service Invoice Line"."Service Item No." WHERE (Document No.=FIELD(No.),Service Item No.=FILTER(<>'')))
Table Relation ("Service Item")

All the other fields are standard fields and no code is placed in the lookup triggers. This allows me the a lookup to the service item and drill down to the service lines

However, this is only working for the invoice and doesn't work for the Service Credit Memos

The properties on the Credit Memo are the same as above except the table is "Service Cr. Memo Line". The lookup to Service Item works but the drill down to Service Cr. Memo Lines does not work

Has anyone worked with this kinda field properties before, would love to have some input.

2. Also on a second issue I am having which is similar to this but a little different. I have serial no. field in both "Service Invoice Header and "Service Cr. Memo Header" table. The properties for this field in both tables are as follows:

Fieldclass (Flowfield)
Calcformula (Lookup("Service Invoice Line"."Service Item Serial No." WHERE (Document No.=FIELD(No.),Service Item No.=FILTER(<>''))))
Table Relation ()

This field on the form acts a drill down (down arrow to the Service Invoice lines). This also works only for Posted Service Invoices and does not work for Posted Service Credit Memos

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Gemini, what are you actually trying to do?
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be the drill down form is not defined on the table? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    Case 1. The field has two lookup/drilldown
    a. Up-Arrow arrow points to Service Item Table
    b. Downarrow opens up Posted service Lines for that order for that service item only

This works for Invoice but for some reason it didn't work for Posted Service credit memos.

case 2: Serial No.

a. No Up-Arrow arrow since table relation field is blank
    b. Downarrow opens up Posted service Lines for that order for that serial no.

Once again this doesn't work for Posted Service Credit Memos
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Again: is drill-down form defined on the base table? If there is no drilldown form, drill down will not work...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    Thanks Kine :D

However, found something very curious, I think Microsoft forgot to include a form for Posted Service Cr. Memo Lines

Its missing in even 2009... am I correct in saying that?? I couldn't find one?