Options

Business Notification for MS NAV 2009 Scheme fails to start

kmankman Member Posts: 12
edited 2010-12-03 in Navision e-Commerce
I have Installed Business Notification Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1,on Windows Server 2008 Standard (32bit version) with the following prerequisites:
-SQL Server 2008 (the server is a test server)
-SQL Server 2005 Notification Services
-SQL 2005 SP3
-SQLXML 4.0
-.NET Framework 3.5
-Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Client Components (Classic Client with SQL Server Option)
-Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Business Notification Manager
-IIS Components

After installing the BN Server from the installation DVD, USING THE LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR Account. The installation process is successful and the Notification Deployment Manager

service as well as the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service are running.
From the Business Notification manager I use one of the templates from NAV (iInventory Status). With this template I care out all necessary configurations (setting up

recipients, define message and filter).
On validating the scheme I do not get errors I move itto the complete stage, and when I try to start the scheme I get the followin error message:
"Start failed. Contact your system administrator and check the eventlog for more information."
In the Log file this is the info that is available
"Deployment failed! Deployer
Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.NotificationServiceDeployer Failed!"

Assistance reqiured how can I make the schemes run, so users can subscribe to them.

Comments

• Options
    armela20armela20 Member Posts: 71
    My understanding is that BN does not work in NAV2009.
    MS never said that, however from what I have heard and seen it does not work.
    Sorry for the bad news.
  • Options
    kmankman Member Posts: 12
    If MS said that BN does not work with NAV 2009, Why then in the sytem requirements document from them do they specify prerequisites for Business Notification and in the installation DVD they is a folder named BNServer with the setup files.
    Also on Partner Source they are documents with ways to over come some installation issues?
    Has anyone out there installed BN on NAV 2009 and made it work.
    What I have done before I had the schemes running and I could subscribe to them, but when I tried to send out something from NAV (Production Order Delayed), nothing would come to my Excahange.
    Then I reinstalled everything thats when this comes up and it has been pain to figure out where the really problem is.