WORKDATE and T symbol not working together

ben5000ben5000 Member Posts: 110
Hi,

Let's say I've set the workdate to 30/11/10

When I input "a" (= aujourd’hui, as I’m working on the French version) it shows a date of today = 02/12/2010

I checked with the "t" (=today), then it’s working and shows a date of 30/11/2010

Now when setting up the language of Nav to ENGLISH:

I input "t" and it shows today's date instead of workdate.

So the feature is working in the french version with the english symbol (t) but not in the engish version with the english symbol (t).
And not in the french version with the french symbol (a).

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Can't comment on French version but in English version
    t =today;
    w:=workdate;
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Today               Workdate
    English   T (TODAY)           W (WORKDATE)
    French    A (AUJOURDHUI)      T (TRAVAIL)
    Dutch     H (HUIDIGE DATUM)   W (WERKDATUM)

See Text005, Text006 in Codeunit 1.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • ben5000ben5000 Member Posts: 110
    Thanks a lot :)
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Also note that any other letter relates to the name of the 7 days in a week related to the workdate, for example,
    English   m (Monday)
    French    l (Lundi)
    Dutch     m (Maandag)

If the workdate is 27-1-2011, being Thursday, typing m in a date field will return 24-1-11, being the Monday in the week of 27-1-11.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Also note that any other letter relates to the name of the 7 days in a week related to the workdate, for example,
    English   m (Monday)
    French    l (Lundi)
    Dutch     m (Maandag)

If the workdate is 27-1-2011, being Thursday, typing m in a date field will return 24-1-11, being the Monday in the week of 27-1-11.

This also depends on if you have a formula or not. For instance typing ..T and <=T can give different results on different days. Be carefull.
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Actually it was quite funny how I found this out. I was on site at a client on a Wednesday, and they told me that one computer had a problem with dates, that it mixed up TODAY and WORKDATE. This had been happening yesterday something like TODAY works but WORKDATE didn't. We went to that computer, and now the problem was opposite that WORKDAY works, but TODAY didn't. In the office on Thursday everything worked fine. And we eventually found that some users entered ..T and some <=T others <=W and ..W and this on Tuesday and Wednesday give all different results.

I can't remember which users Today and which user Tuesday, but you can test it next week.
    David Singleton
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Almost sounds like some Monty Python act.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community