SMTP setup and using emails

premnavpremnav Member Posts: 43
Hi,

I am running NAVISION version 5 and setup SMTP setup for sending email (not using outlook clinet).
In the SMTP Mail setup I have setup the Authentication as NTLM and it allows me to send emails. However, only for one user it does not work and I am geeting an error as "There was a problem sending the email: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5:7:1 Client does not have permissions to send this sender"

Please note that every other user is allowed to send emails using the same PC, but only for this particular user it does not work....

Could somebody give me any tips on this for me to sort this out.
Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,
PREMNAV

Answers

• premnavpremnav Member Posts: 43
    Just to update you that I am using Window Authentication for loggings
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I found this info with regards to SMTP error 5.7.1:
    SMTP Error 571 is usually a subset of SMTP Error 550.
    So typically you will get an “SMTP Error 550 571” or an “SMTP Error 550 5.7.1”. SMTP Error 571 is almost
    always the recipient’s server telling your sending server that “it has been told not to work with you !”.

The explanation text which follows the error response usually does a good job of telling you why the remote
    server does not want to work with your server (typically it will be because your server/email-address is not
    whitelisted, or you are not allowed to send messages through this ISP’s SMTP server without providing
    authentication, relaying not permitted, or your server is on an RBL blacklist).

Typical SMTP 571 responses are : “5.5.0 SMTP; 571 Delivery not authorized, message refused” or
    “550 5.7.1 Mail from Ip_Address refused by blackhole site dialups.mail-abuse.org” or “571 email address we do not
    relay” or “550 5.7.1 Relaying prohibited”.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!