Options

A need for a 100% safe solution

niksimmsniksimms Member Posts: 8
edited 2010-12-04 in Dynamics AX
We have 3 servers:
Linux frontend using php and connecting to a MSSQL windows BOX
Windows Box running IIS and a Web Service
Windows Box running Dynamics version 3 Navision - This also connects to different SQL servers for the data.

I need advice on getting data from Dynamics using either:
AxaptaComConnector
Direct to the SQL servers that Dynamics connects to.

Issues may be the amount of connections from the web frontend to the web service to Dynamics via AxaptaComConnector.

What solutions / tools are out there.

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You can't afford a 100% solution. You need to set realistic expectations. :wink:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Understanding that the best solution maybe the most expensive and we have a large business using Dynamics, we would like to find out how we can improve performance and reliability of our current system.
    The current system is:
    Linux unit hosting a php built web app that pushes and pulls info to and from a windows iis web service that gets its information via custom built services and executables that connect to dynamics via the axaptacomconnector.

Questions:
    Is the a better way to push pull information from Dynamics i.e. direct to the SQL servers.
    Does Dynamics have its own Web Service AIF on navision V3.

Requirements:
    Need a more robust and scalable solution
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Its a bit confusing becasue the topic of the thread has no connection in any way to the contents of the thread, so its very hard to work out actually what you want or what you need (in it self those are probably two completely unrelated things).
    David Singleton
  • Options
    The things I know about this setup:
    We are using Axapta Com connector
    The Dynamics is Navision must be one of the 3.7 version has it uses SQL, now this could be the client software and may not relate to the Dynamics server, let me know if I am right or wrong here.

We have a linux server hosted external running php.
    We have a windows IIS 6 running a web service that gathers data via axapta com connector.

At the moment it is doing it's job just pulling and pushing but it has its issues, normally network, session expiry or interruptions from dynamics.

I'm not sure it is on the correct forum as this is not programming of dynamics itself.

Please advice and I will correct