RG 23 A PartI, II and RG 23 C PartI,II Reports

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi Experts,

How can i check what type of Inventory hits RG reports,i want to know, thatlink from where we link a item with these reports like:RG 23 A Part I,II and RG 23 C Part I,II and why only Capital Goods hit RG 23 C Part I,II report,i know that this reports related with Capital goods and
RG 23 A Part I related with Raw Material,Consumable,Component and others.But i have done same setup for all Inventory with different Item Category.Is Item Category is the base of all RG Reports.
I had posted Purchase Invoice of Raw Material,Components,Consumables and Capital Goods also
then why Raw Material,Components,Consumables hit RG 23 A Part I report and Capital goods hit RG 23 C Part II report(when same setup applied for all).
Regards,

Rinki

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I am unable to understand your question. If you wonder about the concept of RG23 A & C then contact some functional consultant having expertise inn taxation. If you are looking for technical stuff then Fixed Asset and Items with "Capital Item" marked true goes to RG 23C and rest to RG 23A. In case you are looking for where the code is then I suggest you run debugger during posting on CU 13701.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    ssingla wrote:
    I am unable to understand your question. If you wonder about the concept of RG23 A & C then contact some functional consultant having expertise inn taxation. If you are looking for technical stuff then Fixed Asset and Items with "Capital Item" marked true goes to RG 23C and rest to RG 23A. In case you are looking for where the code is then I suggest you run debugger during posting on CU 13701.

Thanks for your suggestion, through this I check the code.
    Regards,

Rinki
  • pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
    From your post and my understanding given below r some inf related to Purchases:
    Pls note RG 23 A I and C I are related with Qty information and A type item relates with items like RM, Consumables , etc. C type items deals with "Capital Nature items (includes fixed assets, Spares and other items defined under Excise Law).
    RG23 AII and CII primariliy related with "Excise Duty amount ".

In Nav functionality works like this:
    Whether an "Item" is of "A" or "C" is linked with "Item Card" .
    Excise Accounting type must be ="With Cenvat" - then the "item" will be posted in "RG 23 A" and
    If the item is "C" or Capital Goods then "Capital" flag must be "selected" and it will post in "C".
    By default Entry type "Fixed Asset" will be posted in "C" since its a "Capital Goods".
    Of course "Excise duty" calculation depends on the "Structure". and "Excise product posting" etc.

Prashant
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    pashya1972 wrote:
    From your post and my understanding given below r some inf related to Purchases:
    Pls note RG 23 A I and C I are related with Qty information and A type item relates with items like RM, Consumables , etc. C type items deals with "Capital Nature items (includes fixed assets, Spares and other items defined under Excise Law).

Excise Accounting type must be ="With Cenvat" - then the "item" will be posted in "RG 23 A" and
    If the item is "C" or Capital Goods then "Capital" flag must be "selected" and it will post in "C".
    By default Entry type "Fixed Asset" will be posted in "C" since its a "Capital Goods".
    Of course "Excise duty" calculation depends on the "Structure". and "Excise product posting" etc.

Prashant

I too could have explained the same but I feel the author of the post needs proper training from the organization he/she is working more than help from community forums.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    pashya1972 wrote:

Prashant

Regards,

Rinki