Debugger problems

ottobeottobe Member Posts: 67
I have a problem with the Debugger. NAV 5.0, WinXP

If the program produces an error when debugger is active it opens the debugger on the statement that produces the error as it should.
But if i put in a brakepoint a few statements above to try to catch the error the debugger stops at the breakepoint AND errors even it has not reached the error statement yet. It seems to remember the last erronous state it was in. This way it is not possible to see content of variables etc.
The only way to reset it is to close down debugger and NAV client.

Is this a known problem and do it have a solution? Or is it only one of the "features" of this debugger?

Comments

• ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    That's one of the strange behaviours of the NAV debugger ... you can try closing the form you are on before retrying the operation, that usually works.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    One of the most irritating debugger "features". Once it starts doing that I usually restart my NAV session altogether. What has helped just a little bit (meaning that it won't happen quite as often) is to stop the debugger when you run into an error, instead of letting it finish. So when your debugger breaks on an error, you kill the debugger while you're still in the debugger and then hit F5. Or turn off and stop the debugger, that will even kill the transaction that you're debugging.

There's nothing you can do to completely prevent it, I've found that restarting NAV is the only way to get rid of it once it starts doing that.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I think that this "feature" has been reported to MS Connect, with the other Debugger "features".
    Regards,
    Andwian