Importing and Merging Code

Nav_NoobNav_Noob Member Posts: 25
Hello,
I need to import an add-on module (FOB File) into a customized NAV 2009 SP1 installation. Does anyone have any suggestion on what the best way is to go about doing so? When I import the FOB file that I received for the add-on, I can see that there are a lot of conflicts. I realize that this is a complex topic so I'm not looking for somebody to walk me through the process but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good tutorial, guide, or some kind documentation that would be helpful in learning how to import new code. I see so many tools and people talking about different ways of upgrading code that I'm not sure where to start. Any nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Use Navision Developer Toolkit to compare and merge the conflicting objects.
  • Nav_NoobNav_Noob Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've read a little bit about the NAV Developer Toolkit and it sounds like what a lot of people are using. Are you aware of any good documentation on how to use the NAV Developer Toolkit or formal training courses around it? I installed the NDK and there is not a lot of documentation that comes with it. There are some help files but they don't really tell you how the tool should be used, it just describes the screens at a very high level. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Nav Noob wrote:
    Hello,
    I need to import an add-on module (FOB File) into a customized NAV 2009 SP1 installation. Does anyone have any suggestion on what the best way is to go about doing so? When I import the FOB file that I received for the add-on, I can see that there are a lot of conflicts. I realize that this is a complex topic so I'm not looking for somebody to walk me through the process but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good tutorial, guide, or some kind documentation that would be helpful in learning how to import new code. I see so many tools and people talking about different ways of upgrading code that I'm not sure where to start. Any nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

You really need to contact your Navision partner on this, they will have done this many times before, and will do it way faster and thus cheaper than you will. Also you are going to hit on license issues that you won't be able to resolve.
    David Singleton