NAV deployment using GPO

user8922user8922 Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I've been looking at how you can use Active directory to install NAV2009 GB on client pc's. So I used the NAV Client MSI as the package and published it to the network.

I then wennt to Add and remove porgrams on the Client and the program was available, but only the W1 client was installed, but G layer did not install. Like it would do if you installed from the CD ?

What you can do is publish a 2nd package, GB install part and upgrade the W1 install ?

Question is How you publish the NAV GB client to a network as a single package ?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The MSI does not include the files you are installing. They are in the subfolders. Check that there is correct language subfolder.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • user8922user8922 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Thanks for your quick reply,

Thats my problem. The CD contains the CsideClient, which has Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic.MSI in this folder theres is a Programs files folder contain the NAV executables and the ENU language layer. This is all it installs,

Also in the CD is the Installers\GB\CSide folder that contains the GB Client Localisations MSI, wiht a sub folder containing thing such as the ENG language layer. to get this to install you need to publish as a second package wiht upgrades the W1 install. If you just install the ClassicClient.Local.Gb.msi then all you get are the ENG language layer, etc..

If you do the the install from the CD Root\setup.exe then both parts of the client will install. So the question is their a way to publish the the NAV2009 local client, so that the user only need to do one install ? Else it makes using the GPO method messy and prone to the user just installing 1 part ?

Thanks

Stephen
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me worked to add the languages into corresponding subfolders and they were installed automatically.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• user8922user8922 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm trying to understand your message.

On the DVD you have
    (1) C:\Dynamics.NAV60SP1.gb.1053152.DVD\RoleTailoredClient\Microsoft Dynamics NAV RoleTailored Client.MSI
    {This folder contains all the Client EXE's}
    and
    (2) C:\Dynamics.NAV60SP1.gb.1053152.DVD\Installers\GB\RTC\RoleTailoredClient.Local.Gb.MSI
    {This folder contains the GB Language layer}

Q) Do i have the correct MSI ?

I have 3 VPC's DC {This is the GPO with deploying folders}, a SQL box and a XP Box

If I depoly the client to SQL box that is running the NAV server If I use (1) then GPO installs the W1 Client. If use (2) then GPO install just the GB Language layer and no client. I want both to install at the same time as if you was running it from the DVD ?

If I try and add the client to the XP box then If also tells be if can not install .net ? Do I need to have transform file (MST) or maybe combine multiple GPO delployment so the upgrade each other ?

I guess my main question how do you get the pre-requests to install ?

If I get past this point, I then want the install to automatically set the NAV Server settings ?