Posting Prepayment Credit Memo on Purchase Order

yohanayohana Member Posts: 38
Dear all,

i want to change the quantity on purchase order, but i have been posted prepayment invoice. i have tried by posting prepayment credit memo from purchase order, but appears message that i must specify Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series in Purchase Header Document Type='Order',No.='POR1009-0020'. when i fill number series in the Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series field, there was an error message : You must not specify Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series in Purchase Header Document Type='Order',No.='POR1009-0020'.
so the questions are :
1. why the error message appears when i filled in the Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series field, whereas at the first message told me that i must specify Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series in Purchase Header?
2. how the way to change qty on purchase order where prepayment invoice have been posted? ](*,)

would you help me in this case?

thanks & best regards,
Yohana

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    IT sounds like you did the following

When you created the order and posted the prepayment purchase invoice the system had no Prepay credit memo series,

You have then tried to create a credit memo for prepays, recieved your error message then created a new No series for the Prepayments credit memos.

The numbering series for which will not appear in the original order as it was created after it was locked by the prepayment invoice.

To resolve.

If your license has access Add in the the credit memo series to the doc in the Purchase header table and the next number in series
    Or most likely.
    Pay the prepayment then credit note the order again.
    It depends on if its only your qty changing and perhaps not the total.
    You may even post another prepayment for the additional qty on a new line.
  • yohanayohana Member Posts: 38
    Dear Jannestig,

thanks for your reply. when i got the error, i was made the number series for prepayment credit memo. but when i enter it into the Prepayment Credit Memo No. Series field on the purchase order header, the error still appears. is it the bug or something? :bug: :-k

thanks & warm regards,
    Yohana
    Dear jannestig,

i'm so sory for my last reply. i have tried your suggestion and resolved. =D> thanks a lot for your help. \:D/
    Dear jennestig,

i have a new questions. when i made a prepayment credit memo number series and enter it into field 'prep. credit memo no. series', i had to enter the check mark into field 'Default' on No. Series window, so the posting would be succed.

then i tried this scenario:
    i was identified two number series for Purchase Prepayment Invoice, but just 1 of them that i specified as the default and i was entered it into Purchase&Payables Setup > Numbering > Posted Prepmt. Inv. Nos field.
    and i have made a new purchase order and i tried to change the Prepayment number series (into the Prepayment No. Series field) with the second one, and the error message was still appears. so the question is : is it true that we just can specify one number series for prepayment invoice? how if the company have 2 number series for prepayment invoice?

thanks before, :wink:
    Yohana
    Hmm the code is a bit weird for testing of prepayment numbering series.

You will get an error message when you have set up a second series and its relationship status and try to change it.

the Code oonvalidate has a testfield for blank which seems incorrect or at least an interesting place for the testfield,

If you comment out the code as below the message would dissappear, i would do a bit of testing afterwards as well but it shouldn't be an issue.

IF "Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series" <> '' THEN BEGIN
    PurchSetup.GET;
    PurchSetup.TESTFIELD("Posted Prepmt. Cr. Memo Nos.");
    NoSeriesMgt.TestSeries(PurchSetup."Posted Prepmt. Cr. Memo Nos.","Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series");
    END;
    //TESTFIELD("Prepmt. Cr. Memo No. Series",'');
    Dear Jannestig,

i have changed the code according to your advice, and there was not an error appeared.
    i'm so thanks for your test, and i'm waiting for your result of your testing.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Yohana :)
    Dear Jannestig,

my nest question is : if i change the coding, weather it will effects other area? i mean, would it cause an error if i make another transaction?

Thanks,
    Yohana
    I am not testing anything, I said I would if i was in your situation.

Its your system not mine

I can't see it affecting anything else though