not able to undo receipt

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi all,

By mistake user posted the purchase receipt to wrong location code . When user try to undo receipt remaining qty not match with received qty . Transfer entry happend against that Purchase receipt , so we cannot reapply the entries.

Please guide me how to resolve that undo receipt .
lally

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    if (and only if) that transfer did place the items in the correct location, why would you need to unapply that receipt?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks Sog,

I request you to read my post clearly.
    lally
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    lally wrote:
    Thanks Sog,

You must understand what Sog is saying instead of advising him [-X .

Unapply the application entry and then try to undo the receipt.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    You cannot reapply the entries if the appied enry is Transfer .

Please throw some light.
    lally
    Thanks Sir,

It is not possible to undo receipt and reapply that entry.

Atleast give some alternative solution how to correct that one .

Please throw some light to solve the issue. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    lally
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    lally wrote:
    Thanks Sog,

I think you didn't read or understand the given post. If the purchase receipt has put the item(s) in the "wrong" location and the transfer process has afterwards transferred them to the "right" one, why would you want to cancel the initial purchase receipt?
    Thanks,

If i did not cancle( Undo ) the Purchase receipt , then i have the book the invioice to wrong location , the result is analysis reports will show wrong values.
    lally
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    lally wrote:
    Thanks,

If i did not cancle( Undo ) the Purchase receipt , then i have the book the invioice to wrong location , the result is analysis reports will show wrong values.

Purchase invoices have nothing in common with locations to which the item quantities have been posted to. If you really want to cancel the initial purchase doc you have to start by canceling the latest doc involved with the items in question (maybe a sales shipment/invoice) and work your way back to the initial purchase receipt.
  • dynaxdynax Member Posts: 7
    rhpnt wrote:
    lally wrote:
    Thanks,
    If you really want to cancel the initial purchase doc you have to start by canceling the latest doc involved with the items in question (maybe a sales shipment/invoice) and work your way back to the initial purchase receipt.

If I understand correctly, the problem is that is not possible to cancel the latest doc because it is an transfer order. If this is the case, it is the same as that is occurred to me: the customer post a wrong receipt (it has to post "two" receipt but by mistake it post all in "one" document) and then transfer the items to another location, from where it was the shipped.

How one can adjust the situation?

Thanks in advance for any advice