Expected Receipt Date on PO and Vendor Calender

vijay4398vijay4398 Member Posts: 35
Hi Experts,

Just noticed that When we enter the expected recept date on a purchase line , system does calculate the planned receipt date and checks the calender for location and vendor to arrive at the expected receipt date..

Wonder why it checks the vendor calender like I have the case where i am trying to put an ERD of 30/12/10. The Vendor whom this order is placed has a week off at the end of the year.lead time is around 40 days and inbound warehouse handling time is 1D . When i put in 30/12/10 here, system calculates the Planned receipt date date a week before (last working day for the Vendor and then puts ERD a day ahead.

As i understand , Vendor calender has nothing to do with receipt at my warehouse.

Am i right in my understanding on how the system works ? If yes Is there any way I could make the system not conider the Vendor calender but only the warehouse Location calender..

Guidence on this much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Vijay

Comments

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    HI Vijay

The system is considering Vendor calender since it is attached to the Vendor Card and I think quite logical because if the Vendor is not working then he wont be supplying. The only way for the system to not consider the Vendor Calender is not to have anything attached to the Vendor but then doing so, this will never be considered in the planning process.

Regards,
    Rajat.