Automatic Sales Order Archiving

NWSCHNWSCH Member Posts: 8
Dear All,

My client has a requirement to archive sales orders automatically once they are completely shipped and invoiced. Any suggestions/Advice on the same?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Sit with the client and document their needs. If what you wrote above is all you have, then you don't have enough to start writing code. Have them go through the steps manually one at a time, document them. Once you have it written down properly the coding will be a minor part of the project.
    David Singleton
  • NWSCHNWSCH Member Posts: 8
    Thanks David,

The "Documenting their needs" step is passed long back, the client is live now with NAV, it was a requirement raised by Sales Manager that if this automatic archiving is possible or not, since now he has to go and manually archive them one by one.

Thanks
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Just becasue the client is live, does not mean that any further changes should not be properly designed. All changes no matter how small and simple they may seem at first, can have big impacts on the system.
    David Singleton
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Without any information such as version, I don't exactlly know if this will help, but its a start. If you select Archive Document on the Sales Order Confirmation Report, if you select Post and Print, it will auto-archive the Sales Order. I know it wasn't your exact requirement, but its a start.
  • NWSCHNWSCH Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, the version is 2009 SP1