Show Open Entries Only in Report Customer Detailed Aging

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
Dear All,

I am confused with the using of "Show Open Entries Only" in tab Options when run Report Customer Detailed Aging. I have searched through Help (F1) and there is no remarks about it.
Could somebody explain the benefit of using "Show Open Entries Only" or not?
Thanks before.

Note :
I have tried to check the options "Show Open Entries Only". The result is same when I did not check this options.
Best regards,

Johanna

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I think what your looking for is to what open refers too.

In this scenario you could have already posted several cahs reciepts but you may wish to see what has and has not being paid for you date filtered period.

So the benefit you gain from selecting show open entries only would be, you would only see those payments from the customers you have yet to recieve or are outstanding within the specified period
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    johanna wrote:
    Could somebody explain the benefit of using "Show Open Entries Only" or not?
    That will filtered the CLE with Open = NO.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    @jannestig : Thank you for your information. My friend has tried to do your scenario, but she said that although she selecting show open entries only or not, the result is same

@Andwian : but, although I have not selected show open entries only, the report show the CLE with Open = Yes.

Maybe this checkbox "Show Open Entries Only" is not useful in Report Customer Detailed Aging, isn't it? :?:
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    johanna wrote:
    Maybe this checkbox "Show Open Entries Only" is not useful in Report Customer Detailed Aging, isn't it? :?:

I will agree with this.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Okay, thank ssingla :)
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    jannestig wrote:
    In this scenario you could have already posted several cash receipts but you may wish to see what has and has not being paid for you date filtered period.

So the benefit you gain from selecting show open entries only would be, you would only see those payments from the customers you have yet to receive or are outstanding within the specified period
    I agree with this statement.

Kindly test this:
      1. Open Customer Card and find the customer that have no Customer Ledger Entries at all (Ctrl + F5), or just create a new one. This is just to simplify the scenario. 2. Set the work date to 12/28/10 3. Post the Sales Invoice, using Posting Date 12/28/10 and Due Date 01/28/11 4. Post the Cash Receipt with Posting Date 01/29/11 5. Run the Customer Detailed Aging report, with the End Date of 01/28/11 6. Compare and analyze the difference with activate the "Show Open Entries Only" or deactivate it. 7. Make conclusion :wink:
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Thank Andwian! I will try it first :)
    Best regards,

Johanna