Changing Inventory Posting Group when item is on stock

chrisxx83chrisxx83 Member Posts: 54
Hi,
I have problem with one Item X.
Item X used to be produced by my Client and it's also component in other product's BOMs.
Now company decide to buy Item X from Vendor.
Let's say now I have 100pcs of produced Item X on stock and want to buy another 100pcs from Vendor.
The problem is that items which we buying have different Inevntory Posting Group then produced Items.
How to show Navision to post one Item to different accounts if we'll make receipt and then consumption of these Items?

Comments

• kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    from just top of my mind, can you get it by defining a different vendor posting group for this particular supplier? it will hit different inventory posting group / account based on vendor pg.
    KS
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    ...or create a new item...
  • chrisxx83chrisxx83 Member Posts: 54
    rhpnt wrote:

I know that creating new Item is the best solution, but this Item is already in production BOMs and my client sell it also as separate part so it is include in catalogues :/
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    chrisxx83 wrote:
    rhpnt wrote:

I know that creating new Item is the best solution, but this Item is already in production BOMs and my client sell it also as separate part so it is include in catalogues :/

They don't have to change a thing in their catalogue if it's the same item (look and feel). The new item is only for internal reference and evidence. You can set up item substitution between the old and new item to solve production planning.