Working With Main/Sunform

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
Hi all,

Is there any blog available here on mibuso explaining the working of Main form/SubForm or can anybody help me on this. I tried using Application Design Guide but its not enough. There is no information on the guide as how Line No. in the table containing subform is increased automatically. I have done everything according to the guide but when i am entering data in the first line, it disappears automaticaly, i am not able to use the second line. If i see the Line table it is having the data that disappears from the subform.
Also i wanted to know that how document no is updated in the Line table.

can anybody guide me....

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to set correct links between main form and subform, best on the primary key of the subform. Than all will work correctly. If you are filtering on something other than primary key, you need to use "PopulateAllFields" property on the subform to fill all fields with values from filter to not "fall out" of the filters...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    mkpjsr wrote:
    There is no information on the guide as how Line No. in the table containing subform is increased automatically.
    Regarding this part: search for AutoSplitKey in adg and Online Help (C/SIDE Reference Guide).
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    lvanvugt wrote:
    mkpjsr wrote:
    There is no information on the guide as how Line No. in the table containing subform is increased automatically.
    Regarding this part: search for AutoSplitKey in adg and Online Help (C/SIDE Reference Guide).

hi thanx for the reply but this property works only with numeric data and in my case the key field (No. and Document No.) is of type text.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    But it is about line numbering, without integer field you cannot number lines.

You need to split the problem:
    filling primary key - you need set correct link
    automatic numbering of lines - AutoSplitKey
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Fine with me but ...
    mkpjsr wrote:
    :-k
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community