Options

Blank page only on Preview?

AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
edited 2010-11-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I've designed a report that prints some information on 3 Groupheaders, the report should have only 1 page.

When I click Preview, I get 2 pages, first is completely blank, and all the information is on the second page. But if I print it for real (paper or PDF), I don't get the blank page at the beginning..

Any ideas why this blank page only on Preview and how to remove it??

(The report had the information on a Body row before, and it worked fine, but I had to move it to a Groupheader because I need to add more rows on the Body later, and this is when the blank page appeared).

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It could be because many things. Check properties on the sections, check the report structure, check where you have the code (PreSection vs PostSection) etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    there's probably a record with a blank value...that forms a blank group in the beginning...but it all depends from how the report have been designed...take a look at the "about this report", too...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    There's not a blank record, the report is run filtered by Contact No, so that's not the case.

"About this report" looks ok, it has 3 lines but I want only 1 page , hence the GroupHeader... I've checked all the properties, they look exactly the same as when the report was printed on Bodies, instead of Groupheaders... and then it worked perfectly.

I've run out of ideas...
  • Options
    it's really hard to give a hand about those new reports, because they've so much properties in do much places that a little typing erro in an hidden property can screw up the entire report...if the report works in a cronus, you can try to send it to me...and when i've some time i can try to take a look at it...
    some hints:
    - try to shrink the page size
    - check the hidden properties of the lines, groups, and tables
    - check if you've got a group without any header and footer (thus you can't see it at design time, but only in the table properties)
    - check pagebreak properties

there are more properties to check, anyway...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Fixed it!! :)

Belias, I checked all your points, and apparently the reason for the blank page is that the table didn't have any Bodies, only 3 Groupheaders. I added a "body" row (hidden using an expression), and now it prints on one page.

Thanks a lot!! :thumbsup:
  • Options
    Alisha wrote:
    nd apparently the reason for the blank page is that the table didn't have any Bodies, only 3 Groupheaders. I added a "body" row (hidden using an expression), and now it prints on one page.
    :-k strange...i'll keep it in mind if i'll do a "no body lines" report...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Sorry.. still not working 100%.

The preview is fine now, but when it prints, it prints blank pages in between the ones with data on them.. (the report has 4 pages now, although in the preview it shows as 1).

I'll keep on trying...

Edit: This was an easy one, the body was to wide!!!

It's working perfectly now.