Problem with posted Voucher Report (16567)

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
Hi all,

I want to customize the Posted Voucher report (16567) to have invoice details also(against which the payment is made), like "Invoice No." "posting Date" And "Invoice Amount". How should I go for it.

Actually when we post any Cash/bank payment voucher then with the help of function->Apply Entries option we enter the "External Document no." into Cash/Bank payment voucher.

So, i have written the following code under OnAfterGetRecord of G/L Entry DataItem but its not working,
VendorLedgerEntry.RESET;
VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.","External Document No.");
VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Posting Date","Posting Date");
if VendorLedgerEntry.FIND('-') Then
BillNo:=VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.";
Billdate:=VendorLedgerEntry."Posting Date";
BillAmount:=VendorLedgerEntry."Original Amount";

Can anybody guide me.

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Why don't you write
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.","Document No.";

instead of
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.","External Document No.";

try to debug the code.
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    vijay_g wrote:
    Why don't you write
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.","Document No.";

instead of
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.","External Document No.";

try to debug the code.

Thanx for the reply, i have chaged the code as you said but still i am not able to find the coreect data:
    VendorLedgerEntry.RESET;
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.","Document No.");
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."Posting Date","Posting Date");
    IF VendorLedgerEntry.FIND('-') THEN
          VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."External Document No.",VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.");
          IF VendorLedgerEntry.FIND('-') THEN
          BillNo:=VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.";
          BillDate:=VendorLedgerEntry."Posting Date";
          BillAmount:=VendorLedgerEntry."Original Amount";

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    VendorLedgerEntry.SETRANGE(VendorLedgerEntry."External Document No.",VendorLedgerEntry."Document No.");

why you setrange "extrnal doc" to "Document no."?
    vijay_g wrote:

why you setrange "extrnal doc" to "Document no."?

If u see the vendor ledger entry table, it contains the "External Document No." that we enter manually while posting cash/bank payment voucher.

Actually the first two SETRANGE gives me the record from vendor ledger entry table but this record is not having that data what i am trying to fetch, so i am trying another filter on the same table whose document no is equal to the external document no of Cash/Bank payment voucher.

it may be wrong, my requirement is to fetch the Invoice No, Date and Amount of that particular invoice that i am entering with Cash/bank Payment voucher.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    so i am trying another filter on the same table whose document no is equal to the external document no of Cash/Bank payment voucher.

First, it does not work..

try removing that line and try...

explain the complete scenario...
    so i am trying another filter on the same table whose document no is equal to the external document no of Cash/Bank payment voucher.

First, it does not work..

try removing that line and try...

explain the complete scenario...

thanx for the reply,

Actually what i want is to print the invoice details(invoice no,date and amount) on posted voucher report. In our case,When we pass any cash/bank payment voucher then we take reference of the posted purchase invoice for that vendor by Function->Apply Entries and pressing f9.

My requirement is to print the invoice details on the posted voucher report, so from where i can get these details.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Why don't u use the standard way of doing this. The name of the vendor is printed in the voucher. Check how NAV arrives on it. Then find the link between that G/L Entry and Vendor/Customer Ledger Entry. Then you can very easily find the applied entries for the vendor/customer ledger entry.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    Why don't u use the standard way of doing this. The name of the vendor is printed in the voucher. Check how NAV arrives on it. Then find the link between that G/L Entry and Vendor/Customer Ledger Entry. Then you can very easily find the applied entries for the vendor/customer ledger entry.

actually I am not able to locate where is the reference of the applied entries. NAV is fetching Vendor name from "Vendor" table based on some links through "Vendor Ledger Entry".