Options

RTC no longer working after windows patches?

mheijkantmheijkant Member Posts: 14
edited 2010-11-21 in NAV Three Tier
We have a problem with kerberos authentication on one of our servers.
As most of the times, only a few things have changed since it worked flawless last time.

The problem exists on a clusterd windows 2003 server runnning SQL2005 and a Windows 2003 server running several RTC Service Tiers Version 60 SP1. The service tiers connecting to a second SQL2008 server are connecting with Kerberos authentication. On de RTC services Server the correct authentication shows up in the eventlog and also shows up on the SQL2008 server.
But, when connecting to the SQL2005 server, the logging on the RTC services server show an NTLM authenication, and a failed authentication of "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" on the SQL2005 server. So when connecting with an RTC client, RTC services running on the same server are connecting correct to the SQL2008 server, but fail to the SQL2005 server.

We had to install 2 patches on the SQL2005 server because a DPM 2010 Agent wouldn't install. These updates are KB97575-v2 and KB977165.
On the RTC services server and SQL2008 server only KB97575-v2 are installed.

So, trying to remove both or one patch could give an answer if this is the cause. But before I do this, I'm wondering of anyone ever heared about this issue? I believe to have checked about everything there is to check, but all suggestions are welcome?

Thanks for your reply,

Comments