Options

Field Level Permissions.

StyvieStyvie Member Posts: 77
I have found some other references to this topic here, but none that really help.

I have implemented field level security, whereby fields can be marked as "Viewable" and "Modifyable".

The modifyable is working 100% using the GlobalModify trigger in Codeunit 1 and the change log functionality.

The viewable I am struggling with. I have written all the code to hide the fields in certain list forms.

I can hide the fields no problem from the users - I used OnOpenForm, but they can re-show the fields using the "Show" function. I can get around this by hiding the fields on another trigger, but no trigger runs after the "Show" window closes. I can use "OnAfterGetRecord" or "OnAfterGetCurrentRecord" to hide the fields, but this is not efficient, as many many people are opening these forms, and just want to update the visibility once, or as many times as they try and show the field. Is there any other way of handling this ? There is sensitive information in certain fields, and I need a way of hiding this, without creating multiple forms for various user groups.

We are diabling Zoom for the users who have restricted functionality.

I have found some information on Google about Security management for navision in this link. They have not responded to my e-mails requesting some more information

www.avfconsulting.com/newsletter/htm/january2004.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Have you seen the OnFormat Trigger of a column on a list form?

I entered the code:
    Text:='********';

in the:
    Sell-to Customer Name - OnFormat(VAR Text : Text[1024];)

trigger of form 143 and all the recs show the asterics.

Let them show/hide the field but not to see the sensitive info...
    The code doesn't mess with the data of the db.
    Does this help?